Kyle Jacobs wrote:

> The LSB's somewhat "tenative" standards have gel'ed quite a bit,
> they're releasing .9.0 of their Linux standards  for a 30-day
> peer review,

One thing that gives me grief and will affect everyone who "upgrades" via
install is the lack of consistency in user/group names to uid/gid mappings...
the LSB states:
  User & Group Names

  Below is a table of required mnemonic user and group names. This
  specification makes no attempt to numerically assign uid or gid numbers. The
  exceptions are the uid and gid for "root" which is equal to 0, and the uid and
  gid for "bin" which is equal to 1.

So it would seem that the LSB won't tackle this...  <SIGH>

I just started creating a "Wish List" at http://pfortin.com where you can see my
very initial comments on this issue.

Pierre

--
Support Linux development:  http://www.linux-mandrake.com/donations/
Last reboot reason:  01/03/27: winter storm 6hr power outage