Hi,

i get a strange behavior when running quake3 with LM8.0 (Xfree 4.0.3).
I normally boot in graphical mode (level 5) and log in with kdm.
In this context, using kde or gnome, running quake3 crashes X (quake
just
goes to a 640x480 video mode and then X dies) and i get back to kdm.
I only have a line in /var/log/messages saying "X :0 died
unexpectidely".

Now, the funny thing is that when i boot to level 3, log in then run
"startx",
i can run quake3 normally.

Any clue ?

PS: The logs of X starting are at
http://guenievre.u-strasbg.fr/~genaud/tmp/
    if you want to have a deeper look at it.
    Obtained with "startx 2>xfree.log.lvl3" and
                  "cp /var/log/XFree.0.log xfree.log.lvl5"
--
  Stéphane Genaud
   ICPS, Université Louis Pasteur