Steve Fox wrote:

>On 13 May 2001 19:13:58 -0700, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
>
>>How come the same versions of galeon and mozilla on my redhat box at
>>work doesn't hang anywhere as much (at all actually!) as it does on
>>Cooker?  I have to resort to using Mozilla directly and that is just
>>gross and ugly.  :-)  Galeon is a so much nicer shell around the
>>Gecko than Mozilla is.
>>
>>Does anyone else see frequent hangs in the latest galeon/mozilla on
>>Cooker?
>>

>Yes, and I have multiple friends who will agree that their RedHat
>packages (mozilla and galeon) never hang. My MDK setup crashes every
>couple of minutes.

fcrozat can explain more about it than I but from what I read on the moz
mls there are some serious problems with compilation (and optimization)
of mozilla that render themselves apparent on i586-pc-linux-gnu -O6
-mpentium boxes like ours ;).  Some faulty translation occurred in one
of the important libraries and this is being actively tracked down (or
was anyway, haven't heard much about it of late) on the n.p.m.builds
newsgroup.  Your contribution would be greatly appreciated.  With some
replaced libraries from a debugger/profiler version I compiled I got
mine to work just fine but that didn't help on others'.

---
If you were smoking weed and suddenly you realized that it wasn't weed,
but a dog that you were smoking, would you be taken by surprise?
/Blue