Howdy,
        I've tried getting a response for this from other means (bugs.xmms.org (bug
73), qa.mandrakesoft.com (bug 3637)) to no avail.  The response I got from
qa.mandrakesoft.com was "You are using an alpha version of KDE. Sorry."
Well, of course it is, I marked "Cooker" as the Mandrake version in the bug
report, and was trying to report a bug in the system.  Isn't that the idea?

So here goes:

When running Xmms with the aRts output driver, Xmms segfaults with the
following error:

> bash-2.05$ xmms
> MCOP ObjectManager: can't find implementation for Arts::X11GlobalComm.
>
> Segmentation fault
>
> You've probably found a bug in XMMS, please visit
> http://www.xmms.org/bugs and fill out a bug report.
>
> Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x1ad8d)!
>
> Segmentation fault
>
> You've probably found a bug in XMMS, please visit
> http://www.xmms.org/bugs and fill out a bug report.

This occurs after the second mp3 file finishes playing.
The first and second files to be played play without problems.
Manually advancing through the playlist produces the same result.
Length of the mp3 file does not affect the result.
All seems well when using the OSS output driver.
Other file types haven't been tested.

Software versions:
[chas@magnetron chas]$ rpm -q XFree86
XFree86-4.0.3-9mdk