Andrej Borsenkow wrote:

>On Sat, 19 May 2001, Guillaume Rousse wrote:
>
>>I had just one problem with this kernel : it installed modules in
>>/lib/modules/2.4.4-1mdkenterprise, while depmod looked for habitual location
>>/lib/modules/2.4.4-1mdk
>>

>That is strange:
>
>bor@localhost% l /lib/modules
>2.4.3-25mdk/  2.4.3-27mdk/  2.4.4-1mdk/
>
>but I had a couple of other problems :-) At the very beginning of boot
>there are messages about unresolved symbols, they starts with cdrom_ but
>flow very fast. And both my CD-ROM and CD-RW used ide-scsi even when I
>have only hdd=ide-scsi in append:
>
>        append=" hdd=ide-scsi quiet"
>
>still, hdc was using scsi emulation as well.
>
>-andrej

To clarify my earlier accusations of further unresolved symbols (other
than that hgafb thing I don't use), this is what happene to me.  the
first few unresolved messages are about names including cdrom_ but not
all.  Like said, could be around 8-10 different modules with unresolved
symbols but they scroll very fast.  Looked back in dmesg and didn't see
anything about it from the last few boots (could it just be a first boot
thing for module deps or something?) but I swear (other than a little
peyote influence ;), they were there.  Anyway...
You both (Juan and Chmouel) use same compiler/buildhost configuration,
riiiiiight?
Being the compulsive updater that I am, I must learn to deal with the
risks and consequences. Also to put my /home dir on a separate partition.

-
Blue
"Have you ever wondered what it would be like if you compiled the kernel
using gcc-2.95.3 and -O9 not to mention -mpentium?"