Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> 1. gccmakedepend creates wrong dependencies for *.S files. This causes
>    the build of the xc/extras/Mesa/src/X86/*.S to fail.
>    I fixed this by patching gccmakedepend (%patch11), you did the
>    compile twice. My approach seems cleaner, but it could have some
>    side effects, since I am not sure why they put that strange hack
>    in in the first place.

A similar problem, which may or may not be related, was noted on the DRI
list for the CVS trunk. Mike Harris of Red Hat included the line:

#define PreProcessCmd           cpp

In the associated host.def and apparently the build problems with Mesa
went away. It seems to have the DRI/X guys confused as to why... so YMMV
in this regards.

John