On Sunday 03 June 2001 20:19, you wrote:
> Mads Rasmussen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > Is there a version of perl with ithreads support? I need it to install
> > sendmail filters (the milter library)
> >
> > Perl has to be rebuild with
> >
> > Configure -Dusethreads -Duseithreads
>
> i could build it, but what package should it go to? perl-thread?

Probably a good name, I don't know??. The thread implementation is
experimental but AFAIK growing in performance and stability so this might be
something that a lot wants to take advantage of in the near future. As I
said, the sendmail milter engine needs it, so if you want to write milters in
perl you have to do it threaded.

I would be nice with one perl package though and then a flag to the
interpreter to tell it if it needs to run threaded or not. However I don't
know if such an implementation is possible.

Regards,

Mads