On Fri, 8 Jun 2001, Bryan Opfer wrote:

> Ok, narrowed the problem down.  If I comment out:
>
>       Load "extmod"
>
> then Xinerama works fine.  problem is, that then I can't run
> enlightment, because enlightement requires extmod.
>
> Any ideas?

Extmod is a wrapper for a number of extensions, so probably only
one of them is broken. See below for a list of which extensions
are loaded on my machine.
You can try disabling some of them as described in the
XF86Config man page until you find the one that causes the problem.

Arnd <><

(II) Module extmod: vendor="The XFree86 Project"
        Module class: XFree86 Server Extension
        ABI class: XFree86 Server Extension, version 0.1
(II) Loading extension SHAPE
(II) Loading extension MIT-SUNDRY-NONSTANDARD
(II) Loading extension BIG-REQUESTS
(II) Loading extension SYNC
(II) Loading extension MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
(II) Loading extension XC-MISC
(II) Loading extension XFree86-VidModeExtension
(II) Loading extension XFree86-Misc
(II) Loading extension XFree86-DGA
(II) Loading extension DPMS
(II) Loading extension FontCache
(II) Loading extension TOG-CUP
(II) Loading extension Extended-Visual-Information
(II) Loading extension XVideo
(II) Loading extension XVideo-MotionCompensation