On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 10:16:09PM +0200, Pixel wrote:

> DOS partitions?

Errr.  I was not sure what to call them really.  I meant the
partitions that fdisk creates.

> if you mean installing on LVM, you have to create physical volumes (type 'Linux
> Logical Volume Manager partition') then group them in a logical volume.

I took a look at the stand-alone diskdrake and sure enough it's in
there!  Does the diskdrake in the installer work just like the
standalone diskdrake?

I am about to fire up a VMware session and try this out on my spare
IDE disk.  It is worth noting that /boot on an LVM is not
straightforward.  There are patches to LILO to support it but I have
not gotten them to work yet.

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell