On Fri, 15 Jun 2001 11:04, Giles Hamlin wrote:
> Okay...... what started off as a routine upgrade to the latest
> version of RPMDrake has instead left me to having to upgrade to rpm
> 4-0.3-0.3, new versions of python, perl, crontabs, bash, setup and a
> whole bunch of other stuff, and the long and the short of it
> is.......... I now cannot run KPackage, GnomeRPM, RPMDrake, apt-get
> or even command line rpm :-( I can query pacakges with rpm but when I
> try a -U or -i , I just get a segfault. Anyone have any advice for me
> in persuading rpm to return, and is this a known bug?
>
> Thanks :)

Try

echo $LC_ALL

If that returns a blank, then you will need to do

export LC_ALL="your_language_code_here"

where your_language_code_here is something like en_AU (at least for
me:).

and see if that works.  It solve the problem for me....

Mark

| Mark Kuchel            |                                         |
| [EMAIL PROTECTED]        | www.kuchel.net                          |