Andrej Borsenkow wrote:

> On Sat, 30 Jun 2001, Kritifile wrote:
>

>>michael wrote:
>>
>>>Here's a new one for me...when I start up my machine I get
>>>modprobe:modprobe: Can't find module eth1
>>>modprobe:modprobe: Can't find module eth9
>>>
>>>Which package would have done this? About the only thing I haven't
>>>updated is the kernel here.
>>>--
>>>-m-
>>>
>>Same here. I updated all the base packages except the kernel, and I
>>don't have any ethernet cards.
>>--
>>

> rpm -q --changelog initscripts

* Mon Jun 18 2001 Chmouel Boudjnah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 5.87-2mdk
- mandrake/mandrake_everytime: setup eth* (without configuring it)
interfaces before the hotplug/pcmcia started so we are sure that what
we have configured in /etc/modules.conf get the device we have
affected.  NB: We assume max 10 interfaces for speed reason.

> or look into /etc/rc.d/mandrake_everytime

/etc/rc.d/init.d/mandrake_everytime

-andrej