Under KDE2.2b1, Konsole and Konqueror have each segfaulted when I try to
bring up any of their dropdown menus.  After the segfaults, attempts to
open the "KMenu" from Kicker cause it to disappear and then reappear a
few seconds later (without bringing up the menu).  Right-clicking on the
background made everything but the wallpaper disappear (including
Kicker).  The desktop icons came back several seconds later, but Kicker
didn't.

During the new behavior wizard that let me choose my desktop settings, I
picked that weird semi-transparent menu setup.  I'd try another setting,
but I can't find the wizard in the KDE Control Center or Mandrake
Control Center.

Oddly enough, the dropdown menus on MCC don't segfault, but they are
also not semi-transparent either.  Perhaps because MCC is not a KDE
specific application.