(my first post here, so... be gentle)

I have relatively fresh 8.0 install from official distro, which I'm building
up with cooker modules. I have read some posts here that suggest one has to
start by installing the full cooker? I hope not. I would expect that the
current cooker modules should still be close enough to 8.0 that I can build
it up incrementally? However, when I downloaded gsl-0.9-3mdk.src.rpm and
tried to rebuild, I get an error:

make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/RPM/BUILD/gsl-0.9/utils'
/bin/sh ../libtool --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..     -O2
-march=i686 -c placeholder.c
libtool: ltconfig version `' does not match ltmain.sh version `1.3.5'
Fatal configuration error.  See the libtool docs for more information.
make[2]: *** [placeholder.lo] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/RPM/BUILD/gsl-0.9/utils'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/RPM/BUILD/gsl-0.9'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

I checked the version:
[root@dell2pe SPECS]# rpm -q libtool
libtool-1.3.5-13mdk

and I even rebuilt and reinstalled libtool, to make sure it was consistent.
Followed my nose around the libtool documentation and found that if I put:

./ltconfig ltmain.sh

immediately in front of the make in the gsl.spec, then the build proceeds.
I'm not sure if that is the right fix, or why I should need to do that. I
haven't got far enough to test the actual gsl that was built.

--
Juhan Leemet
Logicognosis, Inc.