[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Takacs Sandor) writes:

> On Mon, 16 Jul 2001, Florin Grad wrote:
>
> > --=-=-=
> > Name        : bind                         Relocations: (not relocateable)
> > Version     : 9.2.0                             Vendor: MandrakeSoft
> > Release     : 0.a3.1mdk                     Build Date: Mon Jul 16 18:44:45 2001
>
> I don't know why, but it want to user /var/run/named.pid instead of
> /var/run/named/named.pid. Someone removed varrun patch. Why?

Hi there,

you'll have to use the pid-file, in your /etc/named.conf file

example
options {
        directory "/var/named/";
        pid-file "/var/run/named.pid";

the directory is set to /var/named/, as above.
Without the pid-file line, bind will look after
/var/named/run/named/named.pid pid file, as provided by the varrun patch.

I didn't find a way of doing otherwise. Any idea is welcomed ...

cheers,
--
Florin                  http://www.mandrakesoft.com