Hi.

Have you(someone at mandraksoft) considered som debian like process where:
-There is a stable, testing and unstable version( stable = mdk 8.0, testing =
next stable candidate, unstable = cooker)
-Automatic bug tool, that is user submit bugs, they are registered to a
package, assigned to a responsible person for that package, responsible
person checks bug and either fixes it, etc.
-if package in unstable has no critical bugs, and is older than X days, move
from unstable to testing, else if no critical bugs, and critical package, and
older than Y days, move to testing.
-There are required scripts in each package in testing to make upgrade from
previos versions. So that one can make an incremental update, and never
reinstall again. Nice for servers ;-)

This would ensure some stability for testing, bleeding edge for
cooker/unstable, and force maintainers to at least mark the bugs as not
critical for the package to be accepted.

If there is a system like this deployed already, great work, and sorry for
not knowing, and please give me a reference to where I might educate myself.

--

MVH
Jørgen H. Fjeld