On 31 Jul 2001 19:38:41 +0200
Thierry Vignaud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> David <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > I know that openoffice is not necessarily a 'Mandrake' project,
but there
> > are rpms for it, so Im gonna ask.  When is openoffice going to
have menu
> > icons?
>
> openoffice has no configure script and its build give you an
installable
> software ala zindoz.
> so as the user can install it anywhere, what command path can be
provided in
> menu entry ?

That's the same for WordPerfect 8.
But Caldera has a spec for wp8 which triggers the install.
Then the spec decides where it is installed.
An extra feature is then that it can be removed as an rpm, unlike the
windows way of removing (rm) a program
I bet it's time consuming to build such a spec and rpm, but i guess it
can be done.

--
Marcel Pol
[EMAIL PROTECTED]