On
> Behalf Of Thierry Vignaud
> Sent: Monday, August 06, 2001 2:33 PM
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: [Cooker] devfsd "forgets" /dev/modem -> ttyS4 link

> devfsd
> check
> missing
> > >
> > > is the modem device stored in /etc/sysconfig/* ?
> >
> > Where exactly?
>
> do a fgrep -r for your device in /etc/sysconfig.
> the odds are high you got something in draknet_conf (some PPPDevice).
>
> if yes, i can check for modem device at boot time and link if if devfs
is
> mounted.
>
> ok?

No. Doing this just hides the real problem. My question was not about
/dev/modem specifically. My question was about how to add any custom
file/link to /dev with devfs. I expected devfs state directory should
handle it, but it does not.

Anyway, I do not have /dev/modem anywhere. Draknet still cannot handle
CHAP authentication that I need, the bug is already almost a year old
and survived two releases. So, I just use plain kppp.

-andrej