> Well, adding some data to this fire, I  just upgraded to
kernel-2.4.7-11
> and links were correctly made. However, the install process seems to
> need of perl-MDK-Common to reload LILO.

Perl-MDK-common is required by drakxtools since a couple of builds back

Well, first perl couldn't find
> some *.pm of this package (yes, I installed it).

Yes, mcc is badly broken as of now. I have not yet checked the latest
build (1.1.6-2mdk) but previous is no go.

Second, it started to
> cry wild that it couldn't find what bootloader I had (Grub btw).

Looks like outdated initscripts. /proc/partitions changed due to devfs.

> As a matter of fact it is a lot easier to use grub if you know it. At
> least, it a lot much easier to forget checking up the boot
> process/scripts before you boot a new kernel.

Does grub finally work reliably on reiser with tail conversion? Last
time I tried it cried loudly that stage2 is not sector-aligned.

-andrej