Hi,

Mordy wrote:

> I may just do a reinstall.  I can't be the only one with this problem.
> Anyone else have problems with the latest rpm rpm?
>
> Anyone have it working on the latest rpm?

Yes, I had the problems. They are caused by rpm wanting the newest locales,
but not depending on them.

I solved the problem by installing the locales rpms from cooker on another
system with --root /some/directory, and then copying the files manually,
followed by an rpm --rebuilddb and then installing the locales rpms
with --replacefiles.

However, if rpm2cpio still works, you can do it a bit easier, like this:

    rpm2cpio <name of locale rpm> | cpio -id

Today I got a mail with an even simpler solution:

    export LANGUAGE=C LC_ALL=C
    rpm -Uvh locales*.rpm
    rpm --rebuilddb

Regards,