dam's wrote:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Joe Menola) writes:
>

>>What is the very latest?
>>

> rpm-4.0.3-0.16mdk.i586.rpm

Sometimes also the rpm database will become corrupted and rpm
--rebuilddb won't be able to fix it. But if you can find the package
that is causing the problem (for example, a package that can't be rpm
-e'd), sometimes you are able to download an older version, rpm -ivh
--force that one, rpm -e that one, and then rpm -e the bad package. I'm
not familiar enough with all these db{1,2,3} formats to know why this
works, but I have used this technique many times in the past.

--
Sincerely,

David Walluck
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>