During the bombing raid on Mon, 16 Jul 2001 20:28:25 +0100, Peter Ruskin was
heard mumbling in fear:

>  I tried wvdial but that doesn't work (--> Carrier detected.  Waiting for
>  prompt.  Returning not ok!!).  I also downloaded some ppp-on-dialer
>  scripts, based on the script "redialer" found at
>  ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/system/Network/serial/ppp/ppp-2.2.0f.tar.gz.
>  I fiddled about with them but had no success.

        Run wvdial in stupid mode ("Stupid Mode = 1" in the wvdial.conf file)
and it'll ignore any answers given by your ISP and just bark up the answers in
sequence and then start ppp...some ISPs need that to work (mine does)

        Vox

--
Pain is the gift of the gods, and I'm the one they chose as their messenger....
For info on safety in the BDSM lifestyle http://www.the-vox.com

Think of the Linux community as a niche economy isolated by its beliefs.  Kind
of like the Amish, except that our religion requires us to use _higher_
technology than everyone else.       -- Donald B. Marti Jr.

Vox populi, vox deii....