On Mon, 25 Jun 2001, Arnd Bergmann wrote:

> The problem with the missing /var/lib/Depends still exists but does
> not cause any immediate harm except for the warning when running rpm.
> Is anyone aware of a way to reproduce that file without reinstalling?

Ok, I fixed that now as well. It seems it was not an rpm problem but
rather a corrupt reiserfs partition in /var (kernel 2.4.5 from kernel.org
with PDC20265). After copying /var to a freshly formatted partition
(reiserfsck did not want to repair the other one), I could --rebuilddb
successfully.

Arnd <><