Daouda LO wrote:

> [daouda@ke SPECS]$ rpm -qpil /RPMS/clanbomber-1.02-1mdk.i586.rpm |grep /usr/bin/
> [daouda@ke SPECS]$ rpm -qpil /RPMS/clanbomber-1.02-1mdk.i586.rpm |grep /usr/games
> /usr/games/clanbomber
> [daouda@ke SPECS]$
>

>>The only good thing I can say about
>>this is that /usr/games is not in my path, and  if there were going to be
>>some bins in there why not then have a /usr/games/bin or something?
>>

> No! /usr/games was there to be fhs-2.0 compliant:
> http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/tutorials/game_install/install_dirs-2.html

Ok, I thought it was clanbomber I was looking at at thw time. Whatever
game it was, as I now see that it should be in /usr/games, I'll be sure
to report it so that the location may be fixed.

I think there was a misunderstanding of what I had read:

"while games get their *own directory* under /usr/games. So all user
visible binaries should go directly into *that* directory, this will be
mostly just a single executable binary."

(Emphasis mine.)

So when he says "that", it is unclear whether he means
/usr/games/foogame-bin or /usr/games/foogame/foogame-bin. My guess is
that it would be the first one because later on he refers to there being
only static data files in /usr/share/games/foogame, which would mean
that only the binaries are left to go into /usr/games. Even the FHS spec
itself does not seem clear to me on this.

--
Sincerely,

David Walluck
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>