Obviously there is something blocking access to my
ability to have anti-aliased fonts. I was able to get
them again last time when I removed the code
dis-allowing anti-aliasing on 8-14 pt fonts within
XftConfig. Since the upgrade a couple of days ago
(could ghostscript upgrade cause this?) I have lost
anti-aliasing again even though the code is still #'d.

--- Mordechai Ovits <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 August 2001 07:52, Denis Pelletier
> wrote:
> > On Tue, 14 Aug 2001, SI Reasoning wrote:
> >
> > { dpi...which I will test after this email). I
> still
> > { have not found out why the font appearance
> changes so
> > { drastically so that when the adobe-helvetica,
> etc
> > { fonts are prominent, that the ikarus style fonts
> are
> > { hidden and vice-versa.
> >
> > I had the same behaviour last night. When I try to
> use anti-aliased fonts,
> > most of my fonts are not available (including all
> the adobe-*).
> >

> This is because when you enable anti-aliased fonts,
> your fonts are now
> specified in the XftConfig file.  Have a look at it.
>
> Mordy
> --
> Mordy Ovits           Give a man a fish, he owes you
> one fish.
> Network Engineer   Teach a man to fish, and you give
> up
> Bloomberg L.P.       your monopoly on fisheries.

=====
SI Reasoning
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
gnupg/pgp key id 035213BC