Before I re-installed the other day with cooker my machine would set the
hostname on boot by whatever the IP# it was on reverse resolved. Since then
it always sets to localhost.localdomain

I dunno if it's something I'm missing or something that changed in the
dhcp-client package.

in /etc/sysconfig/network
HOSTNAME=

/etc/hosts
127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
IP#1 jason.domain.net
IP#2 jkd.domain2.net

I go back and forth between home and office and last week wherever I booted
up my hostname would get set automatically for that IP# that I was assigned
by dhcp, but no more. Sorry this is on the cooker list if it's just me but as
far as I can tell this is setup the exact way I had it before, so I'm
wondering if it's something in dhclient I'm missing.

--
Jason Straight
BlazeConnect