Hello,

        OK, some weirdness on the Beta 1 cds.

        First thing I noticed was the size of the cdrom image for making install
floppy was ZERO.. bad CD?  packaging mistake?  Anyway, grabbed the latest off
one of the mirrors.

        Funny thing when it booted.  I get all kinds of little points of various
color dots appearing on the screens during install.  The initial logo screen
with Tux peering out is cool, but it looks like he has dandruff!  This may be
related to my hardware, however cooker installs have never done this before.

        Oh - could somebody post a list of who is in what photo in the install?  Is
nice to be able to finally associate faces with the names.

        More as the install progresses.

        V.