Linux user since kernel 0.99pl13, Mandrake user since 3/2001, Cooker
user since 4/2001
System: LM Cooker (almost completely up to current on every package I
have installed)
Kernel: Custom 2.4.9

I'm stumped.  In general, everything is fine - except for those times I
update one of those "don't ever update that" kinds of packages, but
everything re-aligns eventually :) (It's more fun this way.)

However, for the last several weeks, rpm has problems with certain
packages.  When I try to install kdebase (pretty much any thing since
2.2beta1.1), galeon, kdegames, draktools, nautilus and a few others, rpm
dies with a generic "memory fault".  It doesn't matter how much
debugging output I use, it just dies in the "Preparation" section.  I've
rebuilt the db several times, the last time by removing all the rpm
databases execpt for Packages (including the __* files) before the
rebuild, but it always happens on the exact same files, at about the
exact same hash mark in the Preparation stage.

strace show that it is a SIGSEGV while doing a munmap, but that doesn't
help me.  Maybe some library issue?

Does anybody have any ideas where I need to look to figure this one out,
or give better information?

Thanks,
Lonnie Borntreger

PS: Here are all the RPM related packages I have installed:
grpmi-8.1-5mdk
rpm-devel-4.0.3-0.20mdk
rpm-build-4.0.3-0.20mdk
rpmdrake-1.3-77mdk