> > I selected expert install but was never asked about XFree version.
Does
> > it default to XFree-4 now? Then why it installs XFree86-SVGA at all
> > during X configuration?
>
> it should depend on your graphic card. what does lspcidrake gives?

[root@cooker root]# lspcidrake
unknown         : Intel Corporation|440FX - 82441FX PMC [Natoma]
unknown         : Intel Corporation|82371SB PIIX3 ISA [Natoma/Triton II]
unknown         : Intel Corporation|82371SB PIIX3 IDE [Natoma/Triton II]
unknown         : Siemens Nixdorf AG|Tulip controller, power management,
switch extender
unknown         : (null)
Card:Matrox Millennium: Matrox|MGA 2064W [Millennium]
3c59x           : 3Com Corporation|3c905 100BaseTX [Boomerang]

-andrej