So sprach »Lenny Cartier« am 2001-08-21 um 12:18:48 +0200 :
> Description :
> Memtest is a utility for testing the memory subsystem in a computer to
> determine if it is faulty. The original source was by Simon Kirby
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>. I have by this time completely rewritten the
> original source, and added many additional tests to help catch
> borderline memory. I also rewrote the original tests (which catch
> mainly memory bits which are stuck permanently high or low) so that
> they run approximately an order of magnitude faster.

Hmm, like I've said before - I don't like it, when descriptions are
personal.  Above it says that a myserios "I" rewrote it.

Who is this?

Here's my proposal:

Memtest is a utility for testing the memory subsystem in a computer to
determine if it is faulty. The original source was by Simon Kirby
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>. By this time, the original source is completely
rewritten and many additional tests to help catch borderline memory have
been added. Also the original tests (which catch mainly memory bits
which are stuck permanently high or low) have been rewritten, so that
they run approximately an order of magnitude faster.

Alexander Skwar
--
How to quote:   http://learn.to/quote (german) http://quote.6x.to (english)
Homepage:       http://www.digitalprojects.com   |   http://www.iso-top.de