Alexander Skwar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

[...]

> > If you don't want to use kde, you may upgrade to libarts2 >= 2.2-7mdk and
> > you could probably remove libcups1 keeping libao, vorbis, xmms, etc.
>
> Well, I want to use Konqueror.  Why can I only upgrade to libarts2 when
> I don't want to use KDE?

No, what I meant is that upgrading to a new libarts2 breaks the dependency
from libarts2 to kdelibs; so when not using kde, you can avoid kdelibs and
libcups but still using libarts2 for all the audio stuff like vorbis and
xmms.

Now, if you want konqueror, I think the dep to libcups seems quite normal
if you want a cups support tightly integrated into kde. Well.

--
Guillaume Cottenceau - http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/