I installed Mdk Beta 8.1 yesterday. Apart from reported bugs, and one
other installation problem that I will be reporting from my cooker
installation, I have noticed some very strange behaviour.
After disconnecting my modem, when redialling I get a 'site not found'
message. This is because the permissions of resolv.conf have been
changed to read and write for root only. I correct it and can contact
sites again. Then, next time I dial out, the same thing happens. So I
have to chmod again, as dns has no permission to read or write to the
file. This happens every time I reconnect ppp0, regardless of whether I
do or do not log out or shut down in the intervening time.

--
Anna