Hi

I don't have a digital camera, so I don't want or need gphoto2.
However:

[root@teich root]# urpme libgphoto2
To satisfy dependencies, the following packages are going to be removed
(4 MB):
libgphoto2-2.0-0.beta1.2mdk kdegraphics-2.2-5mdk
gphoto2-2.0-0.beta1.2mdk

Also, I don't have a modem, so I don't want or need any fax stuff.  So I
want to remove efax.  Hoever:

[root@teich root]# urpme efax
To satisfy dependencies, the following packages are going to be removed
(5 MB):
efax-0.9-8mdk kdeutils-2.2-7mdk

Granted, gphoto2 is only 70k, libgphoto2 only 515k and efax is only some
200k in size - but this adds up!

For these two packages, would it be possible to create subpackages
kdegraphics-ghoto2 and kdeutils-efax, which can be installed/removed
when installing gphoto2 and efax?

Generally - don't get me wrong here - but I think that a lot ot packages
are requiring too much of maybe not needed "cruft".  Okay, things might
be useful for some users, but in this case, subpackages should be
created if possible.

Alexander Skwar
--
How to quote:   http://learn.to/quote (german) http://quote.6x.to (english)