> What is the advantages of using rsync over lftp?  Lftp seems to work
just
> find mirroring Cooker.  Am I missing something?

rsync transfers only changed parts of files. The most notable case is
hdlists; with lftp you get 15MB every time, with rsycn you get several
KB (well, in order of magnitude :-). Another example is mdkinst. When
new installer is uploaded all dates change an lftp loads everything;
rsync checks if files were actually changed.

Rsync preserves "true" time that may be helpful sometimes.

Rsync looks generally fatser but it may be just my impression.

-andrej