Atha Kouroussis wrote:
> Would it be possible to divide the mandrake_desk package into three
> subpackages? These would be kde, gnome and common.
> The reason I say this is that I (and I am sure I am not the only one) use
> exclusively KDE. After a fresh install I try to clean up my system and remove
> gnome apps. But I cannot remove gnome-libs or control-center because
> mandrake_desk depends on them. For a 100% KDE workstation this isn;t very
> logic.
>
> Waht do you think?

I would say : remove all windowmanager dependencies from mandrake_desk.

I guess that you can live with a few useless Gnome (s/Gnome/KDE)
configuration files on your computer, what you really want is to remove
easily the large library. The question is : why is there a dependency on
such a package? It is not sensitive package, so removing the dependency
would not break anything, as far as I know.

Grégoire