Hi!

On Sat, 01 Sep 2001 17:47:40 Till Kamppeter wrote:

> How do you start the network after booting? If you do
>     service network start
> the hostname should be set correctly automatically.

Well, in fact I do start network when booting, just my eth0 is configured
to not start automatically (ONBOOT=no). I start it by hand using "ifup
eth0".

Ok, I'm currently testing with ONBOOT=yes again since the ifup script
should now detect if the network card has a link.

But I still consider changing the hostname in the cups init script not a
very good idea. I think this will cause confusion. And cupsd also works if
the used hostname is in /etc/hosts.

IIRC, Gnome and maybe other applications/daemons (?) also don't like
hostnames they can't resolve. So maybe the script which initially sets the
hostname should check if the hostname can be resolved?

--
  Michael Reinsch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                       http://mr.uue.org