Vincent Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi, I know it's a minor bug, but passing the installer has a problem if you want
> to pass it something at the boot: prompt.
>
> I install with vgahi vga=791.  If I do this after the boot: prompt it doesn't

Using vgahi together with vga=791 is somewhat redondant.

vgahi is already providing vga=791 on the command line.

> work... however, if I hit F1 first to bring up the help screen, THEN use it, it
> works.

Do you see the prompt ? You should have the boot image instead unless you BIOS
does not support VESA 1.2 640x480 in 256 colors (or you use hd.img)

Using F1 first switch to text mode (if you the image) and maybe BIOS prefer
initializing linear frame buffer from text mode instead of bank switched frame
buffer used to display the boot image.

> Also, help screen mentions vgalo, but not vgahi.

Don't you see a F2 - Advanced Help ?

Type it, you will find vgahi entry, but you may have if you are booting from
floppy to rebuild the floppy if you don't see anything.

François.