Le Lundi 3 Septembre 2001 22:03, guran scribit :
> Why shall a user have to manually install kdebase-nsplugins?
>
> It is not in the tree for packages 'to be installed', you have to search
> for it.

300% right.
Most of the time, people trying Konqueror get a very annoying effect : 3
windows poping up in order to dl the plugins ( and of course they don't not
what to choose, and after how to install them ).
Even they install them for Netscape/Mozilla, they still have problem for
Konqueror and they ask : how do I install the plugins for Konqueror ?
Or more radically : Konqueror suc...
I thing that kdenetwork should require kdebase-nsplugins or at least appears
in the list of packages available in KDE list during the install.

Just a point concerning kdebase-nsplugins. Each time I upgrade kde, when it
scans for pluggins at startup ... it crash. This affect me from 2.1 to 2.2
for each packlage release.
what's surprising is that if you put an old config file, and don't use kde
(so no scan at stratup, and venev if you disable it it do it ), and for
example use konqueror under an other wm/desktop, plugins work !

--
Copyleft Faber's prod. 2001
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/linux_wizard/index.html