On Tuesday 04 September 2001 03:18 pm, you wrote:
> Hi
>
> VERSION       (rsync ftp.uninett.no)
> /ChangeLog/1.564/Tue Sep  4 17:07:28 2001//
> Mandrake Linux Cooker-i586 20010904 20:17
>
> This was a try with parallell port Zip drive installed:
> This is the ending of the XF86 screen:
>
> error opening security policyfile /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xserver/SecurityPolicy
>
> Glib warning**: getpwuid_r(): failed due to No such user 0.
> segmentation fault: seems like memory is missing as the install crashes.
> Can't call method "ask_warn" on unblessed reference at
> /usr/bin/perl-install/ install2.pm line 333.
>
> regards
> guran

Well after all it feels nice knowing am not alone! ;-)

I was running beta 2 and I was having problems with several applications, one
of them dns2go (yes I have a dynamic assigned IP) sttoped working after
upgrading from beta 1 to beta 2, I thought it was libsafe, so I upgraded that
and screw ALL my installing, as BAD as I had to re-install... this time I
tried cooker, (just mirrored as 16:30hrs CDST) and got the same error.

The first error that made me re-install everything back (beta2) is this:
init:error while loading shared libraries: /lib/libsafe.so.2.0: cannot open
object file: No such file or directory

Attemting to re-boot got Kernel panic:Attemted to kill init!  (?)

Second error while trying to install cooker is the same as yours...

error opening security policyfile /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xserver/SecurityPolicy

Glib warning**: getpwuid_r(): failed due to No such user 0.
segmentation fault: seems like memory is missing as the install crashes.
Can't call method "ask_warn" on unblessed reference at
/usr/bin/perl-install/ install2.pm line 333.

ibstall exited abnormally, blah blah....

Sergio Korlowsky
--
SedeComp Comunicaciones Internet Solutions
MandrakeSoft's VAR and System Integrator

Freshly Installed Due to Problems... Beta 2 and counting...!
Current Linux kernel 2.4.8-12mdk uptime: 0 hours 10 minutes.