On Friday 07 September 2001 07:14 am, you wrote:
> > > I use the "recommended" install class and noticed that in 1.568 the
> > > X testing screen has been added to the X config. The problem is
> > > that after I click 'yes' on the testing screen my monitor goes black
> > > and nothing more happens.
> >
> > What card is it ?
> >
> > lspcidrake output please.
>
> Matrox Millennium G450: Matrox|MGA G450 AGP [DISPLAY_VGA]
>
> And again, the test screen comes up nicely but after that the screen goes
> black instead of showing DrakX again.

I recently acquired a G450 and am using it with Beta 2.

I discovered that, when using the framebuffer for the console, I would get a
blank screen after running X: I would get a balnk screen using Aly-Ctrl-F*
and when exiting the X server, I would get a blank screen. I could telnet
into teh machine and restart X.

The solution? In lilo.conf, I changed vga=7**
 to vga-normal. Now the console works fine, but I can't get the second head
to dipsplay X when I use independent displays; it works OK in Xinerama mode..

FWIW,

$ lspcidrake
unknown         : Acer Laboratories Inc. [ALi]|M1541 [BRIDGE_HOST]
unknown         : Acer Laboratories Inc. [ALi]|M5243 [BRIDGE_PCI]
usb-ohci        : Acer Laboratories Inc. [ALi]|M5237 (USB) [SERIAL_USB]
unknown         : Acer Laboratories Inc. [ALi]|M7101 PMU [BRIDGE_OTHER]
unknown         : Acer Laboratories Inc. [ALi]|M1533 PCI to ISA Bridge
[Aladdin IV] [BRIDGE_ISA]
ne2k-pci        : Realtek|RTL-8029(AS) [NETWORK_ETHERNET]
es1371          : Ensoniq|CT5880 [MULTIMEDIA_AUDIO]
unknown         : Acer Laboratories Inc. [ALi]|M5229 IDE [STORAGE_IDE]
Card:Matrox Millennium G450: Matrox|MGA G450 AGP [DISPLAY_VGA]

Hoyt