Hello,

I'm using devfs with an up-to-date cooker and I'm experiencing a weird
behaviour with my CD-ROM and CD-R (I'm burning CD's this afternoon). I'm
losing my SCSI devices.

Just after booting, everything is fine. I'm using ide-scsi and using
cdrecord -scanbus I can see both my CD-ROM and CD-R. I master an ISO image
and burn it. But 30 minutes later, I try to burn another image and I get:

[root@maniwaki bus0]# cdrecord -scanbus
Cdrecord 1.10 (i586-mandrake-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2001 Jörg
Schilling
cdrecord: No such file or directory. Cannot open SCSI driver.
cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'. Make sure you are
root.

If I rmmod and modprobe back the sd_mod module I again have access to my
CD-ROM and CD-R.

Is this the normal behaviour?

Denis
Denis Pelletier
Étudiant au doctorat
sciences économiques, Université de Montréal