Overall very nicely done!

Just a few minor nits.

There seems to be a error in the config file in pcmcia at line 1936 ( or
at least on my machine.. )

card "Xircom Cardbus Ethernet 10/100"
 pci 0x115d 0x0003
 bind "tulip_cb"

cardmgr seems to complain about this on my machine.  ( ThinkPad A22p
with IBM's combo Intel EtherExpress 10/100 Xircom )

Suspend works much better if DPMS is disabled in the X configuration.
Which seems to be the default typically in more ThinkPad configurations.

It might be nice to have CHANGEVT set to 0 by default to make life a
little easier on laptop users.  And perhaps novice users as well, as

I was kind of surprised when configuring the printer at install time
when it found my cupsd on my 8.0 system and didn't give me a chance to
tell it where I really wanted it to go.  (I have a 'remote' lpd server).
Also are there additional print drivers on disk 2 ( I don't have that
disk at the moment ) since it looks like there is only one set of
drivers provided for any given printer ( I think in B2 there were like
3-4 variants for the HP 970 ).

When configuring X at install time and selecting the 1600x1200 laptop
display and then asking to show all resolutions I was surprised to see
1900xsomething.

The other strangness is that KDE seems to take a long time firing up
terminals etc when it is first loaded.  It seems to perform better as
time goes on but just something to note.

I'm happy to report that the cd-rw drive is now seen by the system and
sound works.

So far I'm quite impressed with this beta.  I may have finally found a
successor to 7.2 on my thinkpads!

(Keeping my fingers crossed that we don't see a repeat of the 8.0 beta
-> RC1 changes that broke thinkpads... :-)

-randy