Borsenkow Andrej <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I stringly believe, hdlist should be splitted in two parts: one that is needed
> to compute dependencies (whatever is needed) and another with all extra
> information that is kept per-RPM. It is nonsense, that I have to download
> decsriptions, changelogs and filelist for RPMs that I never will use.

the biggest part of hdlist is the filelist which is needed to fulfill
dependencies. At least it was that way when i started urpmi (which was meant
for a stable distro, not for cooker-like thingie).

since that time, hdlist has always been used (and tools like urpmf/rpmdrake
use it). I think the synthesis file can get (partly?) rid of the hdlist
requirement. francois ? (the urpmi master)