On Wednesday 12 September 2001 12:54, you wrote:
> newest updates have not resolved this problem yet.
> This is perplexing since konqueror works fine on any
> other wm.
>
> Also having problems with galeon starting very slowly
> in kde, but reasonably fast in other wm.
>
> =====
> SI Reasoning
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> gnupg/pgp key id 035213BC

> Get email alerts & NEW webcam video instant messaging with Yahoo! Messenger
> http://im.yahoo.com

Don't ask me WHY... but I had the very same problem...
konqueror ran ok as root but didn't want to start as user,
Upgraded to kernel-2.4.8-22 to fix a different problem and now konqueror is
working as user again.  enjoy!  ;-)

--
SedeComp Comunicaciones Internet Solutions
MandrakeSoft's VAR and System Integrator

Current Linux kernel 2.4.8-22mdk uptime: 19 hours 51 minutes.