I have been using the above referrenced sound card for several version of
mandrake and a problem has cropped up in Beta3.

Basically, kmix shows my SoundBlasterLive as a TriTech TR28023 in 8.1 and as
a result my main volume adjustment/slider no longer has independent action of
the line in that the tv tuner uses.  (There are the two sliders, however, the
main volume will adjust the line in volume also).  These two actions were
independent up thru 8.0 and is now a big problem as I have to turn my main
volume up so as to hear xawtv (when line in is fully on), but that makes my
system sounds too loud.  If I turn down main system sounds, line in also
decreases - defeating the purpose.  Again, I must stress that this worked
perfectly in 8.0 as completely independent actions (the main volume adjust
had no effect on line in volume).

/etc/modules.conf has the correct (and identical to 8.0) module in it:
alias sound-slot-0 emu10k1

lsmod:
emu10k1                54288   3  (autoclean)
ac97_codec              9312   0  (autoclean) [emu10k1]
sound                  58400   0  (autoclean) [emu10k1]
soundcore               4208   7  (autoclean) [emu10k1 sound]

 /proc/pci:
 Bus  2, device  10, function  0:
    Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB Live! EMU10000 (rev 4).
      IRQ 5.
      Master Capable.  Latency=32.  Min Gnt=2.Max Lat=20.
      I/O at 0xd800 [0xd81f].
  Bus  2, device  10, function  1:
    Input device controller: Creative Labs SB Live! (rev 1).
      Master Capable.  Latency=32.
      I/O at 0xd400 [0xd407].

Harddrake:
Vendor:  Creative Labs
Model:  SB Live! EMU10000
Kernel Module:  snd-card-emu10k1
Bus Type:  PCI

I know you gentlemen are quite busy, but this is an important issue for me
and I'm sure it will to others too as, you probably know, many use
SoundBlasterLive cards.

One good thing:  it didn't work at all in beta1.  :-)

Thanks in advance,
-srlinuxx