Hi,

I just installed the latest Cooker and I am very impressed by the
current state of the distribution.

I didn't find any showstoppers, just a few minor things:

- As mentioned in an earlier mail by someone else, it would be a lot
  more clear if the installation dialogs had a blinking cursor.

- Control Center:
  During installation I did not select a printer.
  When clicking on printer in CC, it automatically starts installing
  files. In addition these files can not be found:
     printer_filters_1.0
     printer_testpages
     printer_utils

- CC: Any reason why userDrake is not part of CC?

- During installation no SCSI was found (correct), but according
  to syslog it is still loading the SCSI module. Is this perhaps because
  I have a CD-writer?

- Error in syslog: DrakX: ERROR: Insmod'ing module floppy failed:
  modules.pm line 552

- No idea if the following error is useful for you:
  Error in syslog: devfsd[52] error calling: "symlink" in "GLOBAL"

- GnomeToaster comes up with a blank screen

- What's the difference between MandrakeUpdate and Software Manager?
  Do we really need them both in the Packaging menu?

- Kdbg, crags and qtdesigner only appear in the flat list in Softw.Man.
  Not in the tree view (at least not under Development)

- Mandrake Doc and Howtos were both not working from the menu.

Hope this helps,

Thanks a lot,

Manuel