On Monday 17 September 2001 11:05, François Pons wrote:
> guran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > Bringing up interface lo:  [  OK  ]
> > Cannot open netlink socket: Address family not supported by protocol
> > modprobe: Can't open dependencies file
> > /lib/modules/2.4.8-22mdkBOOT/modules.dep
> > (No such file or directory)
>
> You should have upgraded your kernel and still using it, no more modules
> are present.
>
> So Reboot,

That is the Microsoft way, I was writing from a fresh install, i.e. I had
rebooted after the install. The excerpt was from report.bug, that is the
install was not corrected for the kernel upgrade two days earlier.

I have revisited that install, and could get into MCC, and do a printer
installation.

regards
guran