Le Lundi 17 Septembre 2001 20:15, Christian Belisle scribit :
> --=-=-=
> Name        : Bastille                     Relocations: (not relocateable)
> Version     : 1.2.0                             Vendor: MandrakeSoft
> Release     : 1.3mdk                        Build Date: Mon Sep 17 20:00:34
> --=-=-=
>
> * Mon Sep 17 2001 Christian Belisle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> 1.2.0-1.3mdk
>
> - Fixed log level bug. (Thanks Fabrice)

Note : don't strip line beginning with > as I use this to separate comments
and quotations.

Another problem. In the firewall config ( InteractiveBastille, I don't test
the others ) it proposes to audit services. In the default selection/answer
there is pop-3. The right name is pop3. The problem comes from the default
value of /usr/share/Bastille/Questions.txt :

> LABEL: ip_s_tcpaudit
> SHORT_EXP: "List any TCP-based services (name or port number) that you want
> the kernel
> to log connection attempts from the \"public\" interfaces."
> LONG_EXP: "List any TCP-based services (name or port number) that you want
> the kernel
> to log connection attempts from the \"public\" interfaces.

> If you have \"syslog\" configured to log \"kern\" messages of \"info\"
> level, the kernel will automatically log connection attempts from the
\"public\"
> interfaces (only the \"public\" interfaces) to these ports and/or services.
> This is
> useful to spot possible probes or attacks. The default setting records
connection
> attempts to several services, although you may not have them installed or
enabled. "
> QUESTION: "TCP services to audit: [telnet ftp imap pop-3 finger sunrpc exec
                                                   ~~~~~
> login linuxconf ssh]"
> DEFAULT_ANSWER: telnet ftp imap pop-3 finger sunrpc exec login linuxconf ssh
                                ~~~~~
> CONFIRM_TEXT: " \nY"
> YN_TOGGLE: 0
> YES_EXP:
> NO_EXP:
> YES_CHILD: ip_s_udpaudit
> NO_CHILD:
> PROPER_PARENT: ip_s_internaliface

> [root@bastard root]# InteractiveBastille
> Using Tk user interface module.
> Only displaying questions relevant to the current configuration.
> Existing config file found.  Populating answers...

> About to run through config file...
> iptables v1.2.2: invalid TCP port/service `pop-3' specified
                                           ~~~~~~
> Try `iptables -h' or 'iptables --help' for more information.
> [root@bastard root]# grep pop /etc/services
> ##########      106        Unauthorized use by insecure poppassd protocol
> pop2            109/tcp    Post Office Protocol - Version 2
> pop2            109/udp    Post Office Protocol - Version 2
> pop3            110/tcp    Post Office Protocol - Version 3
> pop3            110/udp    Post Office Protocol - Version 3
> hybrid-pop      473/tcp    hybrid-pop
> hybrid-pop      473/udp    hybrid-pop
> pop3s           995/tcp    pop3 protocol over TLS/SSL (was spop3)
> pop3s           995/udp    pop3 protocol over TLS/SSL (was spop3)
> #                        Donny Gilor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> #                          OpenMail Encyclopedia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> #                          OpenMail Encyclopedia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> kpop            1109/tcp                        # Pop with Kerberos

As it seems it use a text file to print question, do you plan do make a
translation ? Maybe en French ? If you want help for the translation, I can
try to do my best to participate for the translation. To my mind it may
compensate for the lack of documentation.

I've just have a look to the others files /usr/share/Bastille/*.config : all
except for the *Lax* one ( ServerLax.config WorkstationLax.config ) have the
same problem.
So pop-3 have to be replaced by pop3 in ServerModerate.config
ServerParanoia.config WorkstationModerate.config WorkstationParanoia.config

from WorkstationModerate.config :
> # Q: TCP services to audit: [telnet ftp imap pop-3 finger sunrpc exec login
                                               ~~~~~
> linuxconf ssh]
> IPChains.ip_b_tcpaudit="telnet ftp imap pop-3 finger sunrpc exec login
linuxconf ssh"

--
Copyleft Faber's prod. 2001
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/linux_wizard/index.html