hello

        Thanks to all the folks who recommended video cards.  Tonight
I picked up a ATI Radeon VE, with two head support.  Nice card, was
about
$100, so price wasn't bad.

        Installation in Windows??? I'm STILL using my old Trident card..
seems not the eassiest thing to get running.

        Install in Linux?  Is a beautiful thing.  It recognised the card
and offered me hardware support as one of the selections!  Clicked OK,
test
image looks good... finished update install and rebooted.  Mesa demos
fly!
The flight simulator is great!  xine with decss plugin actually plays
dvd's
with really great video!

        You folks have done an amazing thing.  Congradulations and thank you.

        Vinny