Just did new install, Configuration, Console, Gnome, KDE groups
selected, ni manual package selection, Russian locale KOI8-R. First time
login, startx.

1. Background has nasty and distasteful dark red color (blood color is
probably right term). When wizard starts background is changed to usual
blue. I cancelled Wizard and KDE came up with this new color.

2. There is no desktop items in KDE except Home and Trash bin. To
remind, I have cancelled wizard. But yesterday I did *not* cancelled it
and got the same result.

3. There is no quick launch bar in KDE (or it is empty). Again it was
yesterday as well.

All problems are not related to 2.2.1, they were yesterday.

-andrej