Hi all

I am running a Mandrake 8.0 system.  I realise the 8.0 release is
probably off the radar with all the excitement over 8.1 etc, however I
have some questions re some of the key bindings in Xemacs 21.1.14
supplied with the 8.0 distribution.  These are:

1. The meta key is assigned to the escape key on my keyboard.  I want to
(re?)assign the meta key to the alt key on my keyboard.  How do I do
this?

2. The usual AucTeX shortcut keys to change fonts e.g. (C-c C-f C-i, C-c
C-f C-b etc) do not appear to be active.  While I can change the font by
right--clicking and selecting my choice from the menu, I cannot do so
with the usual shortcut keys.  How do I "activate" them?

Yours

Michael Manning